Monday, January 24, 2011

Season Set! (2011 Race Schedule and Trisports.com Training Camp)

In the past 72 hours I have probably changed my race schedule around a dozen times. Before I went to bed last night I looked over it for about the 50th time and decided I would get some sleep and see how I felt about the schedule that I chose in the morning.
 I’ve put a little stress on myself throughout the race selecting process, knowing my success will greatly be influenced by the races I choose to compete. I’m looking to capitalize on my success from 2010. 6 overall wins, my worst finish in a sprint being 2nd, and my debut in Olympic distance racing (7th overall) will be topped with an even better season for 2011. My goal from year to year is to have a better season then the one before. I believe in challenging myself more each season and continuing to grow stronger as an athlete. Eventually, through this almost constant state of improvement, I will reach the ultimate goals that I have set for myself in the sport of triathlon.
When I awoke this morning I glanced at my 2011 race schedule one more time. I quickly realized that I made the best possible choices in making my race selections. My goal for this season is to take the next step in Olympic distance racing.  Strong performances in the four Olympic races on my schedule will be my main concern this season with The Avia Austin Triathlon being my “A” race.  Every race on this schedule has a purpose. I’m anxious to start the new season!
Along with racing I will be taking a trip to Tucson in early March for the 2011 Team Trisports.com training camp. This will be a great opportunity for me to visit my sponsors and do a little training with my fellow teammates in beautiful Tucson, AZ. I will leave you with my 2011 race schedule and a few words from Andreas Raelert.
“Nothing is impossible. You write your own story, set your own goals and your own limits.”  -AR

 2/20 Desert Classic Duathlon/Phoenix, AZ
5/8 Jay Benson Sprint/ABQ, NM
5/15 Buffman and Squeaky Olympic/Lubbock, TX
6/4 Milkman Sprint/Dexter, NM
6/26 Tri-Raider Sprint/Lubbock, TX
7/10 Cochiti Olympic/Cochiti, NM
7/17 Santa Fe Sprint/Santa Fe, NM
8/7 Socorro Sprint/Socorro, NM
8/14 Bottomless F-1/Roswell, NM
9/5 Avia Austin Olympic/Austin, TX
9/25 Elephant Man Olympic/Elephant Butte, NM

The famous Mt. Lemmon. One of the rides the team and I will be taking during our training camp.



1 comment:

  1. Nice!!! Looks like you're gonna have a great season!! If you need a place to stay when you're in Tucson, you're more than welcome to use my room if you need to! My house is right next to UofA and about a 15-20min ride on bike paths to Trisports...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog