Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Did I mention...

The weather is warming up and I have been getting some great workouts in. The temps in southeast NM have been up and down the last few weeks. We have a few days in the 70s and then a few days in the 50s. It seems the wind has been constant, but it hasn’t affected my workouts much. I am glad to report that my bike legs are beginning to come back into form. My swim and run are fairly consistent, but I could always use some more meters in the pool. You would think after 3+ years of diving into the cold water at the local pool you would start to become immune, it feels like the opposite effect, but it has to be done. My weekly distance in the pool has steadily been rising and will continue until the start of the season. This will put me on track to have good swim form in time for the first tri of the season in May. Once I arrived home from Phoenix I felt like there was a fire lit under me. I was eager to get some tough workouts in and when I did I just wanted to get some sleep so I could wake up the next day and do it all over again. I’m anxious for May to be here and I feel the anxiety is only going to grow stronger as the days go by.
 This week I will be heading to Tucson for the Team Trisports.com Training Camp. Team Trisports.com is going to have a full arsenal attending the camp. Trifest will also be taking place this weekend. A full week of nothing but swim, bike, and run will make any triathlete’s mouth water. Did I mention… training, training, and more training?? With the presence of some strong athletes this week I expect to be pushed each and every workout. I’m hoping this trip will help calm my nerves a bit, seeing that May is still a ways off.
Trisports.com will have an open group ride Friday morning. We will start from the store at 7 A.M. sharp and will be riding up Mt. Lemmon. So, if you’re in the area come out and enjoy this great event!

1 comment:

  1. Great to meet you this weekend!! Hopefully we'll run into each other at the races.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog